New whey protein powder products are being released every year, the supplement market is flooded with so many protein powders that it becomes extremely difficult to decide which is the best one to spend your money on.
Although it has been ingrained into those who are looking to build muscle, they need to consume whey protein to build muscle as it is a high-quality protein and good for muscle repair. However, the reality is not all protein powders are manufactured to a very high quality which means you could be leaving gains on the table if you chose a low quality protein supplement.
In this article, will present the top three protein powders that are worthy of your money. In the protein powders below, you’ll find that you get a good amount of protein per serving and the supplements contains all the essential amino acids required to repair and build muscle.
1. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard – Best Tasting Whey Protein
Believe it or not, but for the last nine years, this has been the best selling whey protein by far! The reason why is because it is known for its amazing taste as well as offering a generous amount of protein per serving.
This protein powder will ensure that it supplies your body with all the essential amino acids in doses which will have a positive effect on your body and in-return you will build muscle and recover from your workouts as fast as your body allows.
Who is Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Suitable For?
Although this is not the cheapest, it definitely has a good muscle building nutrient profile. This protein powder is ideal for those who want the most muscle building nutrients from their protein powder.
- 24g of protein per serving
- 5.5g of BCAAs per serving
- 4g of glutamine per serving
- 110 calories per serving
- 1g of fat per serving
- 2g of carbs per serving
Myprotein Impact Whey – Best Value Whey Protein Save Up to 25%
Myprotein is known for selling high quality supplements and it is no surprise that their protein powder is not only high quality but very reasonably priced as well. Myprotein stocks numerous protein powders, however, Impact Whey is that best selling protein powder by far, not only in the US but in the UK and Europe as well.
If you search around the web you’ll find many positive reviews from people who use it regularly. This protein powder comes in 20+ flavours, which are very tasty and this protein powder has a great mixability as well.
It has a very good muscle building nutrient profile considering it is a lot cheaper than the rest. Its nutrient profile is not that far behind Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard.
This protein is made from premium grass-fed whey, so it does not lack in quality.
Who is Impact Whey Suitable for?
Impact whey is for those who want a protein powder that is not only reasonably priced but has a good muscle building nutrient profile as well.
- 21g of protein per serving
- 4.5g of BCAAs per serving
- 3.6g of glutamine per serving
- 103 calories per serving
- 1.9g of fat per serving
- 1g of carbs per serving
3. BSN SYNTHA-6 – Best Tasting Protein
BSN SYNTHA-6 is an extremely popular selling whey protein powder and the reason why it sells so well is because of its taste, there is nothing else on the market that tastes as good as this protein shake. The most common feedbacks from regular users of this protein powder is that is tastes as good as milkshake, that should tell you how good the taste is going to be.
The only downside of this protein powder is it contains more calories, fats and carbs than the other two. If you are on a bulk, then that is great as this protein supplement will be perfect. However, if you’re cutting this may not be the protein powder for you.
Who is BSN SYNTHA-6 Suitable For?
This protein powder is for those who mainly care about taste, who want their protein shake to take like creamy milkshake. If all you’re concerned about is having the best tasting whey protein powder, then this is the protein supplement for you!
- 22g of protein per serving
- 10g of EAAs per serving
- 200 calories per serving
- 6g of fat per serving
- 14g of carbs per serving
The Benefits of Whey Protein
Whey protein has been around for a long time and there was a time when this supplement didn’t taste too good as well as not mixing very well. They really were not enjoyable to drink, but people drank them anyway because of the benefits it provides for building muscle.
Luckily, these days protein powders are a lot more tastier, mix well and enjoyable to drink as well as provide numerous benefits when it comes to building muscle and general health. Below are some of the benefits you can expect from this supplement.
- Whey protein is one of the best quality proteins out there, thanks to its extremely high nutritional value. The reason why is one of the best proteins is because it has one of the best biological values. This is extremely important because it means that your body will absorb the majority of the protein from this supplement, as well as having a high absorption rate. Whey is highly digestible and quickly absorbed by the body compared to other forms of protein.
- This supplement is excellent for promoting muscle growth thanks to its amino acid profile. Whey contains high levels of the amino acid leucine, which is the most anabolic amino acid that helps to promote muscle growth, as well as containing all the other important essential amino acids. This supplement will help keep your body in a favorable state to build muscle as well as helping to speed up recovery from your intense workout sessions.
- Whey protein has been shown to help reduce blood pressure in people who have high blood pressure. How does whey reduce blood pressure? With a bioactive peptide that is found in whey and this bioactive peptide is called lactokinins. Lactokinins is responsible for reducing blood pressure.
- Whey protein can help strengthen the body’s antioxidant defences. This supplement can help promote the formation of glutathione in your body which is the body’s main antioxidants. Increased levels of glutathione increase the body’s antioxidant defences.
- Whey protein is very filling (satiating). This protein supplement is better at keeping you fuller for longer than other types of protein, this makes it a great snack to have in between meals and a great supplement to have if you’re looking to lose weight.
- Whey protein can help you lose weight. Not only can this supplement help you lose weight by keeping you fuller for longer it can help you lose weight by boosting your metabolism which in return helps you burn more calories. There are studies out there that show whey protein can have a greater effect on fat burning than other types of protein.
As you can see, this is an extremely beneficial supplement for your health, not only does it help you build muscle, but it can help your body in various other ways as well. Whey is a good way to get cheap high-quality protein that is easy and convenient to consume. It should not replace protein rich foods such as steak and chicken, but used to supplement these foods.